onsdag 10 juli 2013

10/7 Del 3

My year in Canada has come to an end and it’s with very mixed emotions I’m writing this last post on my blog. I think it’s hard to describe this year, you can’t really put it in words, and this is something totally different from any other experience you can do. Only people who have done an exchange year can share my feelings. Living in a host family, actually become a part of a family is truly amazing. This is people who open up their home and family to strangers from foreign countries. How many have ever done that before?

There is so many people I would like to say thanks too. My parents, my dear parents who made my dream come true, and did everything to make sure I could do an exchange year in Canada.  I know I wouldn’t have done it without you and without your support. Thank you mom and dad, thank you so much!

My second big thank you is to my other parents, my Canadian parents. Shirley and Troy have been amazing; they made me feel like a part of their family through the whole year. All the talks, jokes (nothing’s like Troy’s jokes), family dinners, adventures, crazy ideas, and tons of more things that you could ever imagine. The first day me and Simon was here, we went to church and met all their friends, the friends told us we couldn’t have asked for a more open, crazy, and fun family, their house is always open for everybody. Everything was true! I look back at my 10 months and what they told us in August, and I know now what they meant. Thank you Shirley and Troy for this year, you mean so much to me.

To all my host siblings, you are all so different from each other which made it so much fun!
Simon, a Swiss guy who is crazy and hilarious. Love biking, his truly passion, and is a little bit of ladies man. I’m so happy to have shared this year with you, I couldn’t have asked for a better brother.

Erwin, Hong Kong’s own top comedian, you are a unique person. I don’t think I ever will meet somebody who loves bacon more than you (what a chance, right now when I’m writing about you, our song comes on. Paper Planes), bizarre humour, comes up with funny jokes. You called me your mother and I guess that’s okay, but I rather am your big sister.

To Mellisa, John, JD, Ida-Mae, and Richard. You have all been so amazing to me! You’re my Canadian host siblings, and I had so much fun together with all of you. You have all welcomed me in to the Knox family, and I’m so thankful for that.

To all my friends in Canada, both Canadians and exchange students, I’m so happy that I had you guys. You made my year to what it was. I have friends all over the world now and everybody is always welcome to me in Sweden. I love you guys and I already miss you so much.

It was so nice to see my friends and family when I came home. I’ve start my summer job again, and most of the things are back to normal. All the Swedish people drive Volvo, they still haven’t realized that Håkan Hellström is crap, Bråvalla Festival seems to be the biggest thing going on this summer, and I’m driving my boat like it was yesterday. I guess it’s over for me for a while with new exciting stuff. I’m going back to school for my last year and after that I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m so stressed out that I don’t know what to do in one year, but I will figure something out.

This year has been worth everything! I can go back on my blog and read and remember what I did in Canada. It was the best year of my life and I miss every second of it when I’m not there.


Thank you for reading my blog. 

Rebecka Alvarsson 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar